Information we collect
The exact personal information that you provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, are made clear at the point we ask for the information. For instance, when you register for an account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, address, email address, and telephone number.
Additionally, if you contact us directly, we may receive other information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, contents of the message, and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand the user experience
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Grenada National Museum follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like other websites, the GNM uses ‘cookies’ to store information including visitors’ preferences and which pages the visitor accessed on our website. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing content based on their’ browser type and/or other information.
Google and DoubleClick DART Cookies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, see the policies for the respective browser.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
Note that Grenada National Museum has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers. Please consult the respective policies of the third party in question to learn about opt-out options.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Additionally, under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make such a request, we have one month to respond.
The protection of children’s personal information is a top priority for us. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
The Grenada National Museum does not knowingly collect any personal identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.